- Explanation of Parent Leave and Adoption Leave and Steps to take to request either Leave
- MTA Information on MA Parental Leave Act
- MA Chapter 54 An Act Establishing the Massachusetts Pregnant Workers Fairness Act
- Massachusetts Breastfeeding Laws
- FAQ Pregnant Workers Fairness Act
- FMLA Employee Guide
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) entitles an eligible employee to take up to 12 workweeks of job-protected unpaid leave for the birth or placement of a son or daughter, to bond with a newborn or newly placed son or daughter, or to care for a son or daughter with a serious health condition.
- Guide to FMLA
Please send a letter and/or email to the attention of the Superintendent requesting FMLA or other leaves designated in the contract. You may have to fill out Form WH-380-E or WH-380-F and provide other documentation as requested. Save a copy of all correspondence to and from the superintendent for your records.